If you’ve never planned a large corporate event before there’s a good chance that you’re feeling totally unprepared, overwhelmed, and that you’re scouring the Internet for help.
Good news, you’ve come to a good starting point and if you need help, Radar360’s services are a quick phone call away. Are you ready for the bad news? Let’s start with the painfully obvious: big corporate events don’t plan themselves and they rarely go completely according to plan.
Planning a successful event has what can feel like a million moving parts but there are a few ways you can make your life easier. From time-saving event marketing tools to social media automation, using the right technology can help give you a better sense of comfort and control over each aspect of the event.
1. Use a cloud-based storage system and get organized. This seems like a simple recommendation but it can’t be understated. Choose a cloud-based storage system that you can access on each of your essential devices and start organizing event information in folders. Keep track of everything you can – invoices, photos, list of attendees, data from the event, etc. While using a cloud-based storage system like Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, Evernote, you’ll also be able to share this information with any member of your team that needs it.
2. Get a project management software or spreadsheet. With so many moving parts, project management software is going to keep you and your team organized with checklists, deadlines, email reminders and more. With most project management software systems you’ll be able to invite members of your team and assign them tasks and due dates. Some examples for project management software include Smartsheet, Workfront, and BaseCamp.
3. Use an expense tracking program. Don’t worry about keeping up with receipts and expenses. Instead, find a program or system like QuickBooks that works for you so you can simply upload pictures of receipts and issue reimbursements.
4. Automate your social media messaging (partially). If you’re using social media to promote your event, you’ll want a platform to help. This allows you to schedule everything ahead of time and to strategically think about when and where you’re promoting the event. You’ll be able to manage all accounts in one place, schedule your posts, track analytics, and even engage with your audience.
5. Offer mobile check-in for guests. Mobile check in processes allow hosts to streamline the check-in process while making it less frustrating for guests. There are loads of apps and systems that do this for you, including EventBrite, but be aware, some services will add processing fees to tickets for the event.
While event marketing can be a stressful undertaking, Radar360 is here to help! For event staffing and event marketing solutions in New York City, contact Radar360 today!